Japanese exports not just anime…. but mindfulness techniques. First there was the KonMari method which is a mindfulness exercise on how to manage clutter. Today, I readabout the Kakeibo method which is also a mindfulness exercise on how to manage finances.
One of the KonMari tenets is to decide whether or not an item “sparks joy.” Reading about Kakeibo, there are 4 questions to answer…
- How much money do you have available?
- How much do you want to save?
- How much money are you spending?
- How can you improve?
This kind of makes me wonder… can the mindfulness to eating also be connected like with the KonMari and Kakeibo methods? Maybe these 4 questions?
- Am I hungry?
- Am I eating because food is in front of me?
- Am I eating because it’s the “appropriate time” to eat aka breakfast/lunch/dinner?
- Is what I am eating going to make me happy?
Or maybe simplified to just the first, third and last question?