These quotes certainly inspired me. I hope they inspire you as well.
- “Leadership is expertise. It is not rhetoric or cheer leading speeches. People will follow a person who organizes and manages others, because he or she has credibility and expertise (a knowledge of the profession) and demonstrates an understanding of human nature” — Bill Walsh. The Score Takes Care of Itself.
- “Every religion emphasizes human improvement, love, respect for others, sharing other people’s suffering. On these lines every religion had more or less the same viewpoint and the same goal.” — The Dalai Lama
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” — Steve Jobs. Stanford 2005.
- “Most managers succeed on the strength and skill of their staff.” — Jerry Madden. (Associate Director of Flight Projects at Goddard Space Flight Center, Retired). Quote is from “100 Lessons Learned from Project Managers.”
- “Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability” — John Wooden
- “A leader isn’t good because they’re right; they’re good because they’re willing to learn and to trust.” — General Stanley McChrystal. Ted Talk